Bath time is not only an essential part of a child’s daily routine but also a golden opportunity for them to engage in creative play. What if we told you that there’s a way to take bath time fun to a whole new level? Enter DIY Play Dough for the Bath, a fantastic sensory experience that will delight your little ones and add a touch of relaxation to their evening routine. With the infusion of lavender essential oil and the soothing properties of oatmeal water, this homemade play dough promises a blissful bath before bedtime.
Let your kids play with this unique play dough during their bath time, and watch as their imagination takes flight while the calming scent of lavender fills the air. Not only will this sensory activity keep your children entertained, but it will also help them unwind and prepare for a peaceful night’s sleep.
The lavender essential oil adds more than just a pleasant aroma to the bath dough. Lavender is renowned for its calming and soothing properties, making it an ideal choice for winding down before bedtime. As your children mold and shape the play dough, the gentle fragrance of lavender will create a serene atmosphere, setting the stage for a tranquil evening routine.
For those with sensitive skin, the addition of oatmeal water to the bath dough is a game-changer. Oatmeal is known for its natural soothing qualities, making it a perfect ingredient to provide relief to delicate skin. As your children immerse themselves in this oatmeal-infused bath, their skin will be pampered and nourished, leaving them feeling refreshed and revitalized.
In this blog post, we will guide you through a simple and cost-effective recipe for creating your very own DIY Play Dough for the Bath. We’ll explore the benefits of sensory play and how it can enhance your child’s cognitive and motor skills while promoting relaxation. So, get ready to transform your child’s bath time into a magical experience that combines imagination, creativity, and the soothing powers of lavender and oatmeal. Let’s dive in and make bath time a truly special and memorable moment for your little ones!
Supplies Needed DIY Play Dough for the Bath
To create your own batch of DIY Play Dough for the Bath, gather the following ingredients. These simple and readily available items will combine to make a sensational sensory experience for your little ones:
- 1 cup Baking Soda: Baking soda serves as the foundational ingredient in this play dough recipe, providing a soft and pliable texture that is perfect for little hands to mold and shape.
- 1 cup Water: Water is essential for binding the ingredients together and creating the desired consistency. It helps transform the dry ingredients into a smooth and malleable dough.
- ½ cup Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a wonderful addition, especially for those with sensitive skin. It adds a soothing and nourishing element to the bath dough, promoting a gentle and calming experience for your child.
- ½ cup Corn Starch: Corn starch enhances the dough’s elasticity, allowing it to stretch and hold its shape during playtime. It adds a silky smoothness to the texture, making it a joy to touch and manipulate.
- ¼ cup Kid’s Bath Soap: Adding a small amount of kid’s bath soap, such as one from a trusted brand like Honest Company, ensures that the bath dough not only provides sensory play but also cleanses the skin gently. This step makes bath time more enjoyable and doubles the fun.
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil is renowned for its calming and soothing properties. Adding a few drops of this fragrant oil to the bath dough creates a relaxing and tranquil atmosphere, making it the perfect addition to your child’s bedtime routine.
- 1 teaspoon Purple Mica Powder: Purple mica powder adds a touch of color to the bath dough, making it visually appealing and captivating for your child. This optional ingredient enhances the sensory experience by engaging multiple senses.
By gathering these supplies, you are ready to embark on a creative and soothing adventure with DIY Play Dough for the Bath. So, let’s roll up our sleeves, mix the ingredients, and get ready for a sensory-filled bathtime experience that your kids will absolutely love!
How to Make Soothing Bath Play Dough
Follow these simple steps to create your very own DIY Play Dough for the Bath that’s soothing on your little ones skin
Step One: Pour the water into the oatmeal and let it soak for approximately 15 minutes. This allows the oatmeal to absorb the water and release its soothing properties. Afterward, strain the oatmeal water using a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth, separating the liquid from the solid oatmeal.
Step Two: In a mixing bowl, combine the mica powder with the baking soda. The mica powder will add a beautiful color to your bath dough. Mix well until the color is evenly distributed. Depending on the intensity of the color you desire, you may need to add more mica powder. Adjust it according to your preference.
Step Three: Add the oatmeal water, cornstarch, and kid’s bath soap to the bowl with the colored baking soda mixture. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they are well combined. The corn starch will contribute to the dough’s elasticity, while the kid’s bath soap will provide a gentle cleansing effect.
Step Four: Now, it’s time to add the delightful scent of lavender to your bath dough. Add 8 drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture and mix it in thoroughly. The aroma of lavender will create a calming and relaxing atmosphere during bath time.
Step Five: Microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, for a total of two minutes. This helps to activate and blend the ingredients. If the mixture still feels sticky after two minutes, continue microwaving in short intervals until it reaches a non-sticky consistency. Be cautious not to overheat the dough.
Once microwaved, allow the dough to cool down for about 10 minutes. It should be warm but not hot to the touch. During this time, the dough will further solidify and become more pliable.
Step Six: Start kneading the dough with your hands until it becomes soft and malleable. The texture of the bath dough may be slightly different from traditional playdough, but it should not crumble completely. If it feels too dry, you can moisten your hands slightly with water and continue kneading.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully created your own DIY Play Dough for the Bath. It’s now ready to provide a magical sensory experience during your child’s bath time. Encourage your little ones to shape, mold, and explore their creativity while enjoying the soothing benefits of lavender and oatmeal. Remember to store the bath dough in an airtight container to keep it fresh for future use. Enjoy the sensory play and relaxation that this unique bath-time activity brings!
Tips and Tricks
- One-Time Use: It’s important to note that this DIY Play Dough for the Bath is intended for a single use only. Due to its moisture content and exposure to water, the play dough is not suitable for storing or reusing. Make sure to discard the bath dough once your kids have finished playing with it to prevent any mold growth.
- Bubble Bath Fun: For an extra dose of excitement and bubbles, you can substitute the kid’s bath soap with your child’s favorite bubble bath. This variation will add a playful touch to the sensory experience, creating a bubbly wonderland for your little ones to enjoy.
- Optional Oatmeal Water: While the oatmeal water provides added soothing benefits for sensitive skin, it is not a mandatory ingredient. If you prefer to skip this step, you can still create the bath dough without it. The combination of baking soda, cornstarch, water, and soap will still provide an enjoyable and engaging sensory playtime.
- Safe Essential Oils: If you decide to use essential oils, it’s crucial to choose kid-safe options like lavender. Lavender essential oil is known for its calming properties, making it an ideal choice for bathtime relaxation. Ensure that the essential oil you use is labeled as safe for children and follow the recommended number of drops to ensure a gentle and pleasant scent.
- Supervision: As with any bath time activity, it is essential to supervise your children while they play with the bath dough. Keep an eye on them to ensure they do not put the dough in their mouths and monitor the play area to prevent slipping or accidents.
- Cleanup: After bath time play, rinse the bathtub thoroughly to remove any residue or traces of the bath dough. This will help maintain cleanliness and prevent any potential slip hazards.
- Get Creative: Encourage your child’s imagination and creativity by providing various tools like cookie cutters, plastic utensils, or small molds. These can be used to enhance the play dough experience, allowing your child to explore different shapes and textures.
Remember, the primary goal is to create a fun and relaxing bath time experience for your child. Feel free to modify the recipe and add your own twists to make it even more enjoyable. Enjoy the magical moments of sensory play and bonding during bath time with your little ones!
Soothing Bath DIY Play Dough Recipe
Soothing Bath DIY Play Dough
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup kid’s bath soap
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon purple mica powder
- Pour the water into the oatmeal. Let the oatmeal soak for 15 minutes, then strain.
- Combine the mica powder with the baking soda. Mix until it is the color you desire.
- Mix the baking soda, oatmeal water, corn starch and kid’s bath soap together. Mix thoroughly.
- Add 8 drops of lavender essential oil and mix to combine.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, for a total of two minutes. Stir in between. If the mixture is still sticky after 2 minutes, continue until it is not sticky. Let sit for about 10 minutes or until it cools down.
- Start kneading the dough until it becomes soft. It won’t be as soft as normal play dough, but it shouldn’t crumble completely.
What ingredients make soothing bath DIY play dough?
1 cup baking soda
1 cup water
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup corn starch
¼ cup kid’s bath soap
8 drops lavender essential oil
1 teaspoon purple mica powder
How to do you soothing bath play dough?
1. Pour the water into the oatmeal. Let the oatmeal soak for 15 minutes, then strain.
2. Combine the mica powder with the baking soda. Mix until it is the color you desire.
3. Mix the baking soda, oatmeal water, corn starch and kid’s bath soap together. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add 8 drops of lavender essential oil and mix to combine.
5. Microwave for 30 second intervals, for a total of two minutes. Stir in between. If the mixture is still sticky after 2 minutes, continue until it is not sticky. Let sit for about 10 minutes or until it cools down.
6. Start kneading the dough until it becomes soft. It won’t be as soft as normal play dough, but it shouldn’t crumble completely.
DIY Play Dough for the Bath is not just a creative and entertaining activity; it’s a sensory and soothing experience that can transform your child’s bath time into something truly magical. By incorporating lavender essential oil and oatmeal water, you can create a serene and relaxing atmosphere that promotes relaxation before bedtime and provides comfort to sensitive skin.
As you gather the simple supplies and follow the easy instructions, you’ll witness the joy and wonder on your child’s face as they explore the textured bath dough and engage their senses. The combination of colors, scents, and tactile sensations will captivate their imagination and turn ordinary bath time into a special and memorable event.
Remember, this bath play dough is designed for one-time use only, so ensure its safe disposal to prevent any mold growth. Additionally, feel free to customize the recipe by substituting bubble bath for added fun or skipping the oatmeal water if it’s not necessary for your child’s skin sensitivity. When using essential oils, always choose kid-safe options like lavender, ensuring a gentle and soothing aroma.
Through this blog post, we’ve shared the supplies needed, step-by-step instructions, helpful tips, and tricks to make your DIY Play Dough for the Bath experience a success. It’s important to supervise your child during bath time play and ensure proper cleanup afterward.
So, why not dive into the world of sensory play and relaxation? Embrace the opportunity to engage your child’s senses, promote creativity, and provide a calming and enjoyable bath time routine. Let the DIY Play Dough for the Bath become a cherished part of your child’s evening ritual, creating lasting memories and moments of connection.
Now, go ahead and create your very own batch of DIY Play Dough for the Bath. Watch as your little ones delight in the soft, scented dough, shaping it into imaginative creations while enjoying a blissful and relaxing bath before bedtime.
- Best Yarn for Sentro Knitting Machine: My Top 8 Picks - June 19, 2023
- How to Increase Stitches In Knitting - June 16, 2023
- The Difference Between Knit and Crochet: Which Should You Choose? - June 15, 2023